United Gas & Power Website Shortlisted in UK Dev Awards 2022
Wish were thrilled to be shortlisted in the 2022 UK Dev Awards. The team’s hard work creating the outstanding UGP website has been rewarded with recognition in one of the most competitive categories at the UK-wide awards.
As always, the first stage in the project was a detailed scoping process. This included competitor and analytics analysis, website user type and functionality exploration. We moved through wireframing of key pages and functions to establish the content needs for the site.
Next came the all-important design stage (the most exciting part of the project), as the senior website creative at Wish blew the client away with their new website design. The creative concepts for the website were a complete separation from the old website and tone of voice. We focused on the messaging, the intelligent use of video content to relay the corporate messages, the use of people to demonstrate the human interaction with account managers that really sets UGP apart from their competitors.
The chosen content management system was WordPress, which Wish implement extensively on large-scale web projects. This enables the marketing team at UGP to easily manage the website in various ways.
Key website features include:
- Get a quote tool – a simple flow through for the user, using icons and steps to makes the process obstacle free and enjoyable.
- Carbon Calculator – the carbon calculator tool is a key feature that offers a useful tool to users and something different to the competition, also linking with UGP’s renewable energy messages.
- Integrations – various integrations implemented.
- Live chat – offering live chat feature to start conversations with sales / support teams
- Intuitive navigation – mega menu design to enable simple browsing to the right areas
- Support area – enabling existing clients to submit meter readings and find support resources
- Video implementation – use of video throughout to create a visually engaging website
View the UK Dev Awards full shortlist here.